Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SKLZ Rick Smith Power Sleeve - Portable Club Weighting System Review


After reading concerns some have written about the added weight causing stress on the hosel and clubhead, I decided to use this with some of my older clubs (not my weekend clubs). I've used the product on irons and a driver and it works just as advertised. I mostly use it for swing practice in the back yard, but it works well on the range too. After 15 minutes of swing practice with the Power Sleeve, when I take the sleeve off, the club is feather-light and it just slices through the air. (It does the same thing that the weighted "bat donuts" do for baseball players). I keep a club with the Power Sleeve attached it in the corner of my home office and while surfing the Internet or watching TV, I will use it to do one-handed wrist exercises (raising and lowering the club head, which strengthens the muscles used in the wrist cock motion). I have found that these efforts make my forearms and wrists less tired when I actually play a round. I have used it on steel shafts and the graphite shaft of my driver and when secured tightly at the bottom of the shaft, to doesn't move around or scratch the shaft. I would expect that it puts strain on the hosel, so again, I would use it on practice clubs only. I like this product and would recommend it to others!!!

I use the Power Sleeve in conjunction with the SwinGyde (http://www.amazon.com/Swingyde-Golf-Swing-Training-Aid/dp/B000OZI256) which I would rate as a 10 Stars for teaching the correct swing plane.
Get more detail about SKLZ Rick Smith Power Sleeve - Portable Club Weighting System.

No comments:

Post a Comment