Friday, September 17, 2010

Forgan of St Andrews Golf Club IWD IV mallet PUTTER Review


I got this putter based mostly on how it looked, since I didn't get the chance to try it out before purchasing. I figured if it wasn't good, I'd try a different putter, but I was looking for a new mallet-style putter with good sight lines and a heavy feel, and this one looked like it meant business. I love the feel, it's quite heavy but you still get relatively good feedback on it. It has great sight lines along the top, so you can be sure you've got the right line for your putt. Overall, I think this club is a great confidence-booster and, hopefully, just as good a performance-booster.

Oh, and a minor note: When I opened the box that the club came in, I was a bit surprised that the club did not look "brand spankin' new" without any stickers or tags or anything, just plastic wrap over the club head. However, after close inspection, it appears this club was never used at all.

UPDATE: Been using this putter for a month now, played 3 rounds with it, and I'm really happy. It's saving me strokes. It has a lot of feedback, I think, for a mallet putter, but still a strong punch. Makes a beautiful "tink" sound upon impact. The ionized black finish is wearing down in some areas around the edge, so if that's going to be something that bothers you, take it into consideration. Doesn't bother me, since the club still hits just as well.Get more detail about Forgan of St Andrews Golf Club IWD IV mallet PUTTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment