Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shop For Texan Classics Power2 Men's SQUARE Package w/Stand Bag


My girlfriend bought me these clubs for my birthday after I dropped some not to sneaky hints. So far they have worked wonderfully. I had been using my friend's father's clubs, and he was quite a bit taller then I am. I did some research and figured that these clubs would be a good fit for me and my game. I have taken them out to the driving range a few times, and played a few rounds with them, and my score automatically dropped 10 strokes!

In the set you get a 460cc driver with the square design. The larger face and square design make for a very forgiving club. I had abandoned the older driver I was using because I just could not control what the ball would do, but now I feel much more confident in my swing. I have topped the ball many times, and have not had it dent, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the same thing doesn't happen to me as some of the other reviewers.

The 3 wood is also very forgiving, and easy to hit out of the fairway. I really like the 3/4 Hybrid so far, and it is definitely easier to hit then a 3 iron.

The irons in this set are great. The wide sole has really helped. I used to just blade the ball and send it rolling 25 yards. Now I can take a divot and get the ball really moving down the fairway.

The putter is a blade putter, and I have been able to make a few more putts with it then I had with the older equipment I was using.

Each club comes with great grips that feel very comfortable in your hands. The putter grip is designed differently and makes me feel like I can really control what I am trying to do.

The bag is decent. The pockets seem awkward. Some are to small, and one of them seems to offer no function at all as it opens from the bottom? However, the backpack straps and padding where the bag rests against your back are very comfortable. It has four longer dividers, and four one club dividers, with fabric running down the length of the longer dividers to keep your clubs from tangling in each other.

Over all the set has worked out better then I could have imagined. I first thought the set looked kind of cheap from the pictures, but they are much better looking in real life. Once you offset the package with a 5 wood, Sand Wedge, and Lob Wedge, you have a very good almost complete set that a beginning golfer will use for years to come. Thanks Texan!Get more detail about Texan Classics Power2 Men's SQUARE Package w/Stand Bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment