Sunday, July 18, 2010

Buying Callaway Mens X-18R Irons



X-18Rs are advertised with the Uniflex shafts as being for any swing-speed. This is incorrect. These irons are for younger golfers with fast swing speeds. I'm 59 years old and have a 90 mph driver club-head swing speed. I can't hit these irons. I played 7 rounds with them and then decided to let my 30 year old son try them. He loves them and will keep them. He has a 105 mph driver club-head swing speed.
The Uniflex shafts are definitely "Stiff" and the shafts are heavy, very heavy.
Callaway ought to back-off advertising these shafts as for any swing speed. My son reports they are long and forgiving so I'll rate them a 4.
By the way, he is long and can hit his driver 335 yds. I'm around 245 with my driver.
I'm a weekly golfer.Get more detail about Callaway Mens X-18R Irons.

No comments:

Post a Comment