Wednesday, July 21, 2010

SKLZ Rick Smith Refiner Driver - Hinged Training Club (Right handed) Top Quality


I bought this driver to replace my Medicus Driver (which I accidentally broke). It was irreparable so I got this at half of the suggested price of the Medicus.

This is a lighter and MORE REALISTIC weight than the heavier Medicus Driver.

An adjustable tool comes with the hinged driver to increase the sensitivity to which it can break down or decrease the sensitivity to stay straight.

I ordered directly from the company website which allowed me to select for club length, club grip (Training Grip versus Standard), and type (Men's, Women's or Junior).

The loft is a 10 degree and I opted for a 44" shaft with a training grip.

The value of the club is the immediate feedback regarding errors in the swing of a golfer. Just like the original clubs, Medicus 2000 iron, it hinges if the tempo is too fast, whether you take the club back closed or open, whether you cast the club, shift weight incorrectly or follow through incorrectly.

Who is this for? 1. Someone who doesn't play on a regular basis but has been trained with basic fundamentals. 2. Someone who has problems with consistency with the driver. 3. Someone inconsistent with the woods, in general. This is not a cure all for all golfers and only experience will reveal if it works for you. For higher and mid handicap players, it will help immensely. For advanced golfers, it probably has little benefit.

Will it cure your slice? There are many reasons for a slice so it is difficult to say. Will it help ensure consistent contact? Yes, good or bad, you WILL hit the ball. You will likely "Top it", "hit it fat", or "hit it thin" less often than you do.

This won't teach a swing but it WILL refine it.

This is not for a novice, as it will break down and make the user frustrated. If you think you have a perfect swing, try the club with the highest sensitivity to flaws. The flaws will be uncovered - this is certain. The advantage is that it can be hit like a regular club by allowing you to hit balls with it, unlike weighted drivers/irons.

Hitting with this club is quite challenging, until you have grooved your swing. However, with proper practice, I am, now able to hit it as far as my regular driver. I have had the driver for 6 months, and it has held up in terms of durability.

This training club is probably the fastest way to perfect your swing plane and tempo, short of a PGA professional standing next to you on every facet of the swing.

If you're having trouble with the driver, this is a training aid that can be extremely useful in uncovering the flaws in your swing. If you're a seasoned player and have no problems with your swing plane or tempo, this will not be helpful.

Through many months of use with hinged clubs I have gained confidence and consistency with both types (driver and irons) of clubs. The Refiner Driver is exactly in line with the more expensive alternatives.

I highly recommend this club, if you're struggling with the big stick.


UPDATE:
Not only does the improvement work with the driver (which I have been hitting straighter than ever), but it has helped me with my fairway woods and hybrids. Since you are using a sweeping motion, the longer shaft helps ingrain the type of mechanics you need.

After 6 months of use, I have learned to straighten out my ball flight to a fade or draw. With constant use, I have added about 15 yards to my drive.Get more detail about SKLZ Rick Smith Refiner Driver - Hinged Training Club (Right handed).

No comments:

Post a Comment